As of 8 a.m. on September 3, 2021, the Hopkins County Sheriff’s Office completed the following: 200 non-emergency calls, 55 calls for service, 14 traffic stops and 2 inmate transports. They booked in 6 persons and released 3 persons.
- Timothy Blake Merrell, 33, of Sulphur Springs, was booked in on a charge of alleged public intoxication after an alleged incident at a bar in the 100 block of Davis Street at 11:15 p.m. on Sept. 2. No bond was assessed.
- Larret Gene Scott, 26, of Sulphur Springs, was served with an outstanding warrant for harassment at 7:06 p.m. on Sept. 2 at his home on Plano St. No bond was assessed.
- Jana Christine Combs, 49, of Emory, was booked in on charges of alleged violation of parole unlawful possession of firearm by felon after she turned herself in to HCSO jail at 10 a.m. on Sept. 2. Bond was denied.
- David Ashad Jones, 22, of Wake Village, was booked in on two charges of alleged unlawful possession of firearm by felon at 3:54 p.m. at the Cumby Roadside Park on Sept. 2. Bond was denied.
- Sean Clay Earle, 31, of Yantis, was booked in on charges of alleged aggravated assault of family house member with a weapon after he turned himself in to HCSO jail at 6:15 a.m. on Sept. 2. Bond was set at $150,000.
- Corey Redford Branch, 31, of Talco, was booked in on two charges of alleged manufacture or delivery of a schedule one controlled substance, one charge of tamper with/ fabricate physical evidence and one charge possession of marijuana less than two ounces at the Hillcrest Pilot station at 3:46 a.m. on Sept. 2. Bond was not assessed.
Note: Names are only released for those who incur state jail felonies or higher. Information is subject to change.