Every year the Help-A-Child benefit gets bigger and better, and 2021 is no exception.
The benefit, which has all proceeds donated to the Northeast Texas Child Advocacy Center and Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, will take place October 16 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Hopkins County Regional Civic Center.
For the first time ever, the event boasts a livestock show and Clydesdale carriage rides.
There are more events, including, but not limited to:
- Chili cook-off
- Brisket cook-off
- Dutch oven peach cobbler
- Corn hole competition
- Ag mechanics competition
- Auction/ raffle
Tickets are $10 for an all-you-can-eat plate.
Schedule of Events:
- Daylight- Brisket and chili cook off begins
- 9 a.m.- Livestock show
- 11 a.m.- Agricultural mechanics show
- 11:30 a.m.- Chili, brisket and peach cobbler served
- Noon- Winners of livestock show, ag mechanics and cook off announced
- 12:30 p.m.- Auction begins
- 1:30 p.m.- Cornhole tournament begins
In 2020, the benefit raised $59,000 for the two charities, according to event organizer, Hopkins County Commissioner Pct. 3 Wade Bartley.
For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/helpachildbenefit