The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 2, 2021.
The public can view the meeting at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8CxjG8pt3Cn8DDMgg0xr8g
The following items will be discussed:
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
3. Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
(a) Black History Month Proclamation
(b) CIP Presentation – Tory Niewiadomski
4. Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
5. Discussion/action on a motion to approve the Consent Agenda.
6. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1221 approving a 380 agreement for property located at 110 West Ross Street.
7. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1222 approving a 380 agreement for property located at 212-214 East California Street.
8. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1223 approving a 380 Agreement for property located at 220 Craig Street.
9. Discussion/action on a request for a Final Plat by BGE Inc. identified as Lot 7R of Block 24-4 Z of Jewell Subdivision located northwest of the intersection of League and Bell Streets and abutting Rockdale Road containing 5.488 acres.
10. Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for a bank depository.
11. Discussion/action on report of traffic stops and arrests.
12. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1224 approving application for a Homeland Security Grant.
13. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1225 calling for a general election for City Council Places 1, 2, and 3, naming election judges, and setting dates for early voting.
14. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1226 calling for a special election for City Council Place 5, naming election judges, and setting dates for early voting.
15. Discussion/action on an amendment to the 2019-2023 Capital Improvements Plan for drainage at Beckham and Lamar Streets.
16. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1227 approving a proposal by TBK Materials, LLC, to convert solid waste concrete into recycled millings by crushing to be used in street and infrastructure development, making findings support thereof, and authorizing the execution of same by City Manager.
17. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1228 extending the Temporary Emergency Paid Sick Leave due to Covid-19 State of Texas Disaster Declaration.
18. An executive session will be held in accordance with Texas Government Code, Title 5, Chapter 551, Section 551.074, Personnel Matters, specifically relating to discussions regarding the Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals, the City Secretary, the City Attorney, and the City Manager; and Section 551.087, Economic Development.
19. Reconvene into Open Session.
20. Discussion/action on Executive Session.
21. Visitors and public forum.