The Golden Agers Gift Tree will be up at the Senior Citizens Center by Monday, November 16th . If you would like to Adopt a Senior Citizen for Christmas please go by and choose one off of the tree.
Senior Citizens Center Director Karon Weatherman said, “I wasn’t going to do a tree this year and I thought of all the years this year is when the Seniors need something Special in their lives. They have been hit hard by the COVID 19 Pandemic.
We need to do something to brighten their Christmas.”
If you do choose a name off of the tree, they ask that you please wait until at least December 7th before you start bringing them back.
Please have them Wrapped or in a Large Gift Bag with their names on the Bags and Packages. There are 130 of them and they will need to be separated.
If you would like to deliver them to the senior yourself, you are more than welcome. If not, Meal A Day Drivers will take them when they deliver their Lunches.
Please wear a mask when visiting the Senior Citizen’s Center. Here’s how to participate:
1. Choose a Senior off the Tree
2. Cut the Tab off of the Bottom of the Tag
3. Write Your name where it says “Santa’s Helper” You keep the ornament and the Top of the Tag with all of the Information and their “Wish List”.
4. Put the Tab in the Shoe Box.
5. Shop and Wrap your gifts.
6. Either deliver them to the address on the tag or bring them back to the Senior Citizens Center between December 7th and the 18th.