Safe Summer Measures
The July heat is here! With temperatures frequenting the triple digits this month, be aware that heat related injuries are a real threat. Heat exhaustion and heat stroke result from prolonged exposure to high temperatures, usually in combination with dehydration, which leads to failure of the body’s temperature control system. Common symptoms include nausea, seizures, confusion, disorientation, and sometimes loss of consciousness or coma. Symptoms that do not go away in a reasonable amount of time by going to a cool place, drinking water, or loosening clothing can indicate the onset of serious medical issues like heat exhaustion or heat stroke. With the rise in temperatures, it is best practice to be prepared and seek medical help immediately when required. Summertime is fun – but the heat-related illness is nothing to joke about!
COVID Vaccine Clinics:
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs will host a COVID Vaccine Clinic every Friday morning from 9am to 11am in the main lobby of the hospital beginning July 23, 2021 through August 27, 2021. The available vaccine brands will be the Moderna (2-doses) and Johnson & Johnson (1-dose), and are available for ages 18-years and older. Appointments not required.
**Please help us preserve our masks for clinical use, and BRING YOUR OWN MASK**
We are asking that all visitors to the hospital bring their own mask, and continue to wear a mask while present inside the hospital at this time. Thank you for your continued support of the safety of our patients and associates.
Hospital Visitation – *UPDATES
Please note the following guidelines:
- Visitors must acquire masks themselves prior to entering our facility; cloth masks are acceptable. Masks must cover both the nose and the mouth. Visitors must remain masked during their time in the hospital.
- Emergency Department entrance open 24/7
- Main Entrance open 7am to 2pm, Monday – Friday
- Gift Shop open
- Visiting hours are 7am to 9pm
- Types of Visitors:
- COVID receiving aerosol treatments: via tele-visitation only
- COVID not receiving aerosol treatments: 1 Essential support person at a time and 1 visitor
- Essential support person will be given a visible wrist band
- ICU/ER: 1 Essential support person only
- All other patients may have 1 Essential support person at a time and 1 visitor
- Types of Visitors:
We are needing volunteers to help in various different roles throughout our hospital. We are asking, if you are willing to give your time, so that together we can bring a smile to someone in our hospital! For more information, contact Meredith Caddell at 903.438.4678.
We love our patients, and it shows!
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Sulphur Springs strives to make sure every patient and their family feel like they are important and receiving the highest quality of care. This success is reflected in our Patient Experience Scores.