The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 4, 2020.
Public link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8CxjG8pt3Cn8DDMgg0xr8g
The following items will be discussed:
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
3. Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
4. Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
5. Discussion/action on a motion to approve the Consent Agenda.
6. Discussion/action on Ordinance No. 2767 amending Ordinance No. 2752, the Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Annual Budget Ordinance.
7. Discussion/action on Ordinance No. 2768 amending Ordinance 2050: The Zoning Ordinance by altering Article 2.200 to create a definition of accessory dwelling units and amending Article 7: SF-6 Zoning District 6,000 amending
Section 7.200 to add (j) Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU) to establish eligibility and design standards.
8. Discussion/action on Ordinance No. 2769 amending Ordinance No. 2050:
The Zoning Ordinance, Article 2.2. to define permanent makeup and cosmetic tattoos, to amend Article 10 MF Multi Family Dwelling District 10.200 (e), to amend Article 13 CC Central Commercial District to add (d) and amend Article 14 LC Light Commercial District 14.200 (b).
9. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1200 (as required) to establish a geographic area for blighted and slum conditions with the sidewalks to apply for a grant submission for a TDA Downtown Revitalization Program.
10. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1201 (as required) to establish the City’s commitment to adopting a Citizen Participation Plan.
11. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1202 (as required) authorizing the City to submit the grant application with a budgeted amount.
12. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1203 amending the 380 policy.
13. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1204 authorizes a 380 Agreement for property located at 943 Putman.
14. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1205 authorizes a 380 Agreement for property located at 206 West Beckham Street.
15. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1206 authorizing adequate funding for and endorsement of the Industrial Waste Pretreatment Program.
16. Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for chemicals for the Water Treatment Plant.
17. Discussion/action on a new Airport Ground Lease Agreement for Lot 1220-23.
18. Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for reinsurance for the City of Sulphur Springs Employees Health Insurance Program.
19. Discussion/action on Notice of Postponed Special Election for November 3, 2020.
20. Visitors and public forum.
21. AN EXECUTIVE SESSION WILL BE CONDUCTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, SECTION
551.087, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT.
22. Reconvene into Open Session.
23. Discussion/action on Executive Session item.