The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 5, 2020. You can find the full list of items on the agenda below. The public can attend the meeting virtually at the following link.
Public link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8CxjG8pt3Cn8DDMgg0xr8g
The following items will be discussed:
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
3. Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
(a) Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month
4. Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
5. Discussion/action on a motion to approve the Consent Agenda.
6. Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2766 amending and updating the Pretreatment Ordinance No.2538.
7. Discussion/action on a motion to approve the appointment of Oscar Aguilar to City Council Place 3.
8. Discussion/action on a motion to approve Resolution NO. 1192 finding that Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC’s application for approval to amend its Distribution Cost Recovery Factor (DCRF) to increase distribution rates within the city should be denied; authorizing participation with Oncor Cities Steering Committee; authorizing the hiring of legal counsel and consulting services; finding that the city’s reasonable rate case expenses shall be reimbursed by the company; finding that meeting at which this resolution is passed is open to the public as required by law; requiring notice of this resolution to the company and legal counsel.
9. Discussion/action on a motion to approve Resolution NO. 1193 supporting the proposed Trinity Oaks Apartments and approving an application submitted to the Federal Home Loan Bank, Dallas for Affordable Housing Program grant.
10. Discussion/action on a motion to approve a final plat of Connally Corner Addition to create a 6-Lot subdivision at the corner of Connally and Easy Streets.
11. Visitors and public forum.
12. Discussion/action on a motion to adjourn into an Executive Session in accordance with Texas Government Code, Title 5, Chapter 551.074, Personnel Matters specifically relating to the Parks & Recreation Director.
13. Reconvene into open session.
14. Discussion/action on Executive Session.