The Creative Arts Contest has begun! The contest is for Hopkins County residents only, to enter arts items to be judged. It takes place in the Sulphur Springs high school conference center.
- Monday, October 18- Wednesday, October 20, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.- Entries may be taken to the Extension Office, 1200-B W. Houston
- Thursday, October 21, 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.- Entries may be taken directly to the high school
- Friday, October 22, 7:30 to 9:30 a.m.- Entries may be taken directly to the high school
*No late entries accepted unless approved by the registration committee
- Viewing- Friday afternoon from 1:30-5:00 p.m.,
- Viewing- Saturday, October 23, from 9:00 a.m. till 1:30 p.m.
- Entry judging- 10:00 a.m. Friday, October 22
- Best of Show and Reserve Best of Show winner pictures-1:30 p.m. in the Conference Center on Saturday, October 23
- Check-out time- 1:30 p.m. Saturday, October 23 (after pictures)
- Entrants must be Hopkins County residents
- Articles may be exhibited only by the maker and must have been made within the past year (September 2020 – October, 2021)
- Participants may enter as many classes and divisions as desired. However, they may enter only one item in a particular subclass of each class. ($1.00 entry fee per person, except for children and students entering as part of a class)
- Age divisions are:
- Children – up to age 10
- Older Texans – 70 & above
- Youth – ages 11-19
- Nursing Home Residents
- Adults – ages 20-69
- Entries must be labeled using the required label, available at registration
- Each entry will be awarded a ribbon. Best of Show and Reserve Best of Show will be selected from blue ribbon winners in each division
- No professional exhibits allowed due to space limitations
- The Fall Festival Creative Arts Committee is not responsible for any damage that may occur during public viewing times.
FOR ALL INQUIRIES, CONTACT
- Arts & Crafts Coordinator: Johanna Hicks 1200-B W. Houston St. P.O. Box 518 Sulphur Springs, TX 75483 903-885-3443/ firstname.lastname@example.org
A previous version of this story incorrectly stated the contest is hosted by 4H. While many 4H participants enter, they are not the host. The story has been modified to reflect the changes.