SUNSET STREET – The Capital Construction crew has installed 500’ of new curb and gutter, 5 new driveway approaches, 240’ of the concrete street, approach for Houston Street, asphalt for the tie-in at Finney Street and Van Sickle Street. The project is now complete.
CONNALLY STREET – Approximately 2,150’ or 80% has been cement stabilized. The excavation is completed and approximately 1,600’ or 60% of the full width of concrete street has been completed with the exception of the intersections, driveways, and sidewalks. Work has begun on the sidewalks on the north side of the street.
CROSSTOWN TRAIL – There are 36 solar lights installed from Coleman Lake Dam to the north side of Peavine Pinion Lake.
CANTEX LIFT STATION – The lift station is in operation, but there is still work to be done.
BELLVIEW STREET – The Capital Construction Division began installing the sewer main on Monday.
CLAIMS – We had one liability claim in October. A front door was damaged while serving a felony warrant, the claim was submitted and denied by TML. We had two workers’ compensation claims, one for a dog bite and the other for a fall from a ladder. A property claim for the veteran’s memorial was filed when a juvenile pushed it causing it
to fall and break into pieces.
REVENUES AND EXPENDITURES – Finance Director Lesa Smith will give a year-to-date report of revenues and expenditures.
Elsewhere around the city, employees:
• Treated wastewater to a daily average total suspended solids reading of .55 mg/L.
• Repaired 14 water main ruptures.
• Replaced 14 water meters.
• Unstopped 33 sewer mains.
• Repaired 21sewer main.
• Washed 75,000 feet of sewer mains.
• Flushed 36 dead end water mains.
• Treated 146 million gallons of potable water.
• Sold 2,887 gallons of AvGas and 12,334 gallons of JetA fuel.
• Checked out 3,479 items from the library plus 761 eBooks.
• Conducted 40 building inspections, 25 electrical inspections, 19 plumbing
inspections, 5 mechanical inspections and issued 35 building permits.
• Responded to 217 animal control calls and achieved an adoption rate of 58%.
• Made 12 felony arrests in the Special Crimes Unit.
• Responded to 2,365 police calls, made 76 arrests, recorded 58 offences, wrote 537
citations, and responded to 49 accidents in the Patrol Division.
• Responded to 208 fire/rescue calls including 1 vehicle fire and 2 grass fires.
• Conducted 35 fire inspections and reviewed 34 pre-fire plans.
• Performed preventative maintenance on 62 fire hydrants.
• Replaced ropes and flags at Veteran’s Memorial.
• Reestablished grade on 400’ of sidewalk.
• Planted rye seed grass on the Plaza.
• Prepared Buford Park for the Stew Festival.
• Winterized the fountains.
• Made 5 major street repairs following utility repairs.
• Patched 98 potholes.
• Replaced 1 “Loading” sign downtown, 2 “Stop” signs, 5 street signs, and installed
9 “No Parking within 30’ of intersection signs on Azalea Lane.
• Demolish and remove 1815 Church Street.