For over 30 years, Main Street Theater and the Community players have provided quality programming, from cherished childrens’ workshops to a place for aspiring actors to spread their wings. After a much-awaited renovation, the theater will re-open its doors at 225 Main Street in downtown Sulphur Springs to even more opportunities.
- January 14-15, 7 p.m.- The Heroes– Grammy-performing artists Brad Davis and Joel Weaver play beloved country classics and original tunes (feat. music by Johnny Cash, The Eagles, Dolly Parton, Chris Stapleton and more)
- January 21-23, 28-30- Charley’s Aunt– Laugh-out-loud confusion abounds in this drag-dressing, meet-the-parents style comedy featuring a befuddled nephew, his fiancee, and his wealthy aunt from Brazil.
- February 11- Fashion show- with Marlene’s Sass & Class
- February 12- Jazz night
- February 25-26- Night of One Act plays– Presented by local high school students
- March 18-20, 25- 27- Barbecuing Hamlet- Not your high school Shakespeare; zany characters emerge to give a unique tribute to life as a member of community theater
- April 22-24, 29, May 1- CHESS presents Treasure Island- Join Christian Home School Educators of Sulphur Springs as they sail the swashbuckling seas with this Robert Louis Stevenson classic
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit https://www.communityplayersinc.com/
Sarah Dicus contributed to this report