Hopkins County residents gathered on November 8 to kick off the holiday season with two different sessions of the beloved favorite, Christmas Joys at the Southwest Dairy Museum.
- Johanna Hicks – Johanna’s Joyful Journey (a little bit of sewing, a little crafting, and some recipes)
- Joann Brennan – Broccoli for all Occasions (plus no bake sweet treats)
- Susie Faltesek – Creative Christmas Pots
- JoAlice McCue – Tis the Season to Season up
- Pat Abramson – Pat’s Pampering Presents
With special guests Southwest Dairy Museum staff
The presentation featured holiday ideas to entertain children and students, as well as a few sewing ideas, crafting ideas, and delicious recipes using real dairy products. Door prizes were awarded throughout the presentation.
“Many of the residents remember this program as ‘Christmas Show & Tell,’ which was started by my predecessor, Janie Crump,” Hopkins AgriLife extension agent Hicks explained. “When I took on this position, I kept it going.”
According to Hicks, the program has grown so much it now requires reservations for those that wish to attend, and two show times instead of just one.
Photos by Abbi Beggs. Johanna Hicks contributed to this report.