A regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs ISD school board was held in the Board Room of the Administration Building, Monday, October 18, 2021.
Katie Martin and Martha Kate Evans addressed the Board re: the High School Fine Arts Department letter jacket policy.
A report was given of Red Ribbon Week activities. Red Ribbon Week will be observed in SSISD the week of October 25 – October 29.
Board members were provided with copies of the following Head Start items for informational purposes:
- Director’s Report for August/September;
- Policy Council Minutes for September;
- Financial Report for September
Board members received required Head Start governmental body training from Head Start Director/Principal Angela Edwards via a PowerPoint presentation.
Along with routine matters, the board approved the following:
- Head Start Policy Council Bylaws.
- Organizational flow chart for Douglass Early Childhood Learning Center Head Start Program.
- Head Start Mission Statement & Philosophy.
- Head Start Personnel Policy Summary
- School board representative to the Head Start Policy Council for 2021-2022.
- Campus and District Improvement Plans for 2021-2022.
- Local Policy Manual Update for EIF(LOCAL).