As of 8 a.m. on August 31, 2021, the Hopkins County Sheriff’s Office completed the following: 297 non-emergency calls, 81 calls for service, 24 traffic stops and 1 inmate transport. They booked in 5 persons and released 2 persons.
- Carlton Douglas Fite, 44, of Yantis, was charged at 4:30 p.m. on August 30 for alleged violation of protective order two times within 12 months. He was served the warrant at HCSO jail. Bond was set at $50,000.
- Jesus Manuel Fernandez Escobedo Jr., 24, of Sulphur Springs was arrested at 4:05 p.m. at E-Z Mart on August 30 on a charge of manufacture or delivery of a schedule 1 controlled substance between one and four grams, allegedly in connection with a Sulphur Springs Police Department Special Crimes investigation. Bond was set at $25,000.
- Bret Kevin Albrecht, 32, of Austin, was served with a warrant for alleged parole violation at CHRISTUS-Mother Francis hospital at 12:15 p.m. on August 30. Bond was denied.
- Mikayla Dawn Morgan, 24, of Ohio, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct vulgar language at 9:55 p.m. on August 30 after allegedly cursing at the staff of CHRISTUS-Mother Francis. No bond was assessed.
- Sami Gordon Sami Jr., 22, of Sulphur Springs, was taken in on an active warrant for charges of parole violation at 12:15 p.m. at CHRISTUS-Mother Francis hospital. Bond was denied.