The SSISD school board held their regular meeting on August 9 to discuss school lunch, personnel, and more items of business.
The meeting was called to order at 6 p.m. No citizens presented themselves for comment during the public forum.
VLK Architects of Fort Worth and WRA Architects of Dallas gave a presentations to board members in regard to long-range facilities planning.
Assistant superintendent Josh Williams, on behalf of Career and Technical Education Coordinator Jenny Arledge, presented to the board regarding the 2020-2021 CTE Program Evaluation.
Nutritional director Veronica Arnold presented information regarding food services purchasing for 2021-2022 school year. The faculty/adult visitor meal prices will be set at $2.75 for breakfast and $4.25 for lunch.
Administrative assistant Kristin Monk reported on Back-to-School dates and activities for the 2021-2022 school year.
Williams further reported to the board on the following: ESSA (Title I, Title II, Title III, Tile IV) applications; Elementary, Middle School, High School handbook changes for 2021-22; The 2021-2022 SSISD employee handbook review; The SSISD Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan.
Along with routine matters, the following were approved:
- Greenville ISD Regional Day School Program for the Deaf Shared Services Agreement.
- Updated SSISD school lunch charge policy for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Property Casualty Insurance renewal for 2021-2022 with Texas Political Subdivisions (TPS).
- SSISD compensation plan.
- Teacher appraisers and appraisal calendar for 2021-2022.
- Local Policy Manual Update for FO(LOCAL).
- SSISD Student Code of Conduct for the 2021-2022 school year.
- TASB Policy Services Localized Policy Manual Update 117.
The following personnel changes were approved:
- Ambie Tolleson- Head Start 4 Aide, Douglass ECLC
- Corban Jenkins- Special Education Aide, High School
- Christie McCullough- Dance Teacher/Drill Team Instructor, High School
- Kami Satterfield Special Education Aide, High School
- Carrington Chancellor- Pre-K Aide, Douglass ECLC
- Dejarnae Nash- Special Education Aide, Barbara Bush Primary
- Brandi Rhudy- Special Education Aide, Barbara Bush Primary
- Harley Kerby- Title I Aide, Rowena Johnson Primary
- Jady Martin- Title I Aide, Rowena Johnson Primary
- Logan Scott- Title I Aide, Rowena Johnson Primary
- Elias Garcia- Bilingual Aide, SS Elementary
- Alisa Kulak- Grade 4 Math/Science Teacher, SS Elementary
- Luciano Gallo- Special Education Aide, Middle School
- Kerry Roy- Special Education Aide, Middle School
- Amanda Cochran- Special Education Aide, High School
- Brandy Griffin- English Teacher, High School
- Patti Laeding- English Teacher (Part-time), High School
Position change (Former position and campus to new position and campus)
- Jairo Ramirez- Formerly bilingual aide at SS Elementary, now ESL, LPAC, Migrant Facilitator at administration
- Tracy Flanery- Formerly Connections Teacher at High School, now Early Childhood Special Education Teacher at Douglass ECLC
- Leslie McDowell- Formerly Pre-K Aide at Douglass ECLC, now Head Start Teacher at Douglass ECLC
- Amber Harris- Formerly special education aide at Barbara Bush, now Head Start Teacher at Douglass ECLC
- Lila Sears- Formerly Title I Aide at Rowena Johnson, now Pre-K Teacher at Douglass ECLC
- Kayla Miller- Formerly Head Start Aide at Douglass, now Title I Aide at Bowie
- Eric Buck- Formerly Title I Aide at Bowie, now Special Education Aide at High School
- Meredith Dial- Formerly Grade 4 Teacher at SS Elementary, now Dance Teacher & Drill Team Instructor at High School
Marci Owens contributed to this report.