AARP free tax aide will be offered on Tuesday and Saturdays in Sulphur Springs from March 2nd-April 13th. The cost-free tax assistance will be available from 9 am-1:30 pm on Tuesday and 9 am-12:30 pm on Saturdays at the Sulphur Springs Public Library.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free tax preparation help to anyone and if you’re 50 and older, and can’t afford a tax preparation service, they were made especially for you. They understand that retirement or other life changes may mean your taxes are a little more complicated now. With the help of their team of IRS-certified volunteers they make it easy for you.
Clients will need to go by the Public Library to make their appointment and pick up a package of forms. They will NOT take walk ins due the need to limit crowding in the library.
All safety protocols will be in place so clients should wear a mask and socially distance.
The checklist below includes items you need to bring when you visit are:
- Previous year’s tax return(s).
- Social Security cards and/or ITIN notices/cards or other official documentation that show the taxpayer identification numbers for every individual on your return.
- Government-issued photo ID for each taxpayer.
- Checking or savings account information if you want to direct deposit any refund(s) or direct debit any amounts due.
- Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) (for each individual if applicable).