CHRISTUS Mother Frances-Sulphur Springs will make appointments available on Tuesday afternoon for Phase 1B qualifiers with the 700 doses of the Moderna vaccine it received this week.
At this time, vaccinations will be distributed by appointment only. Appointments will be scheduled from 4 pm-8 pm on Wednesday, January 20th and Saturday, January 23rd from 9 am-4 pm. They will be distributed at the Primary Care clinic at 105 Medical Plaza.
Vaccine appointments are made by visiting christushealth.org and clicking on the yellow chat icon on the homepage to connect you with Christy, the virtual assistant. You will be promoted to answer a few screening questions prior to choosing a location nearest you and scheduling an appointment.
Texas Phase 1B Vaccine Priorities include:
• People 65 years of age and older
• People 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts
them at increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19, such as
but not limited to:
• Chronic kidney disease
• COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
• Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
• Solid organ transplantation
• Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
• Sickle cell disease
• Type 2 diabetes mellitus
The only vaccine available locally is the vaccine manufactured by Moderna. The inoculation requires a second shot 28 days later after the first shot.