CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic in Sulphur Springs will begin vaccinating the 1B group on Wednesday and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to noon. The clinic received 200 doses of the vaccine.
Texas Phase 1B Vaccine Priorities include:
• People 65 years of age and older
• People 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts
them at increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19, such as
but not limited to:
• Chronic kidney disease
• COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
• Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
• Solid organ transplantation
• Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
• Sickle cell disease
• Type 2 diabetes mellitus
An appointment can be scheduled by calling 903-885-7671 or you can schedule online at christushealth.org.
The only vaccine available locally is the vaccine manufactured by Moderna. The inoculation requires a second shot 28 days later after the first shot.
Brookeshire’s Pharmacy is also administering the vaccine locally.