An Executive Session will be held at 6:30PM in accordance with Texas Government Code, Title 5, Chapter 551.074, Personnel Matters specifically relating to the City Secretary.
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3, 2020 in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
3. Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
(a) Texas History Month
(b) Antidote to Urban Sprawl
4. Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
5. Discussion/action on a motion to approve the Consent Agenda.
6. Discussion/action on a motion to approve the independent audit for fiscal year 2018-2019.
7. Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2762, an ordinance amending Chapter 15 of the Code of Ordinances by adding Article VII, entitled Curfew Hours for Minors. This item was postponed in January and tabled in February.
8. Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2763, annexing city owned property formally referred to as the Luminant or Thermo Mine properties.
9. Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2764, authorizing the issuance and sale of City of Sulphur Springs, Texas, Combination Tax and Revenue Certificates of Obligation, Series 2020; levying an annual ad valorem tax and providing for the security for and payment of said certificates; approving an official statement;
providing an effective date; and enacting other provisions relating to the subject.
10. Discussion/action on public hearing second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2765, approving and authorizing the franchise agreement with Atmos Energy Corporation which provides natural gas to the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas.
11. Discussion/action on a motion to approve a non-motorized sports concession at Coleman Lake.
12. Discussion/action on a motion to increase contract pricing for sludge treatment at the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
13. Discussion/action on a motion accepting the Certificate of Unopposed Candidate and Order of Cancellation of the General Election for Place 6 and Place 7. (Names will NOT be on the ballot)
14. Discussion/action on a motion accepting the Certificate of Unopposed Candidate for Place 2 and Place 3 and the Order of a Special Election for Place 1 and Place 5. (Place 2 and Place 3 will be on the ballot)
15. Discussion/action on Executive Session item.
16. Visitors and public forum.