The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 4th, 2020 in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. You can view the full agenda below.
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
3. Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
(a) Black History Month
(b) Antidote to Urban Sprawl
4. Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
5. Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
6. Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2762, an ordinance amending Chapter 15 of the Code of Ordinances by adding Article VII, entitled Curfew Hours for Minors.
7. Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2763, annexing city owned property formally referred to as the Luminant or Thermo Mine properties.
8. Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2764, authorizing the issuance and sale of City of Sulphur Springs, Texas, Combination Tax and Revenue Certificates of Obligation, Series 2020; levying an annual ad valorem tax and providing for the security for and payment of said certificates; approving an official statement; providing an effective date; and enacting other provisions relating to the subject.
9. Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2765, approving and authorizing the franchise agreement with Atmos Energy Corporation which provides natural gas to the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas.
10. Discussion/action on annual report regarding traffic stops and arrests.
11. Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1189, approving the submission of a grant application to the Office of the Governor – Homeland Security Division to purchase a thermal imaging camera.
12. Discussion/action on Resolution 1190 and 1190(S) calling for election.
13. Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for Asbestos Abatement Services for 301 Oak Avenue.
14. Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for Street Improvements Program (SIP) 2020.
15. Discussion/action on a motion to approve one (1) agricultural lease at the old Thermo Mine/Luminant property and authorizing the city manager to execute said documents with Mark Johnson.
16. Visitors and public forum.