AARP free tax aide will be offered on Tuesday and Saturdays in Sulphur Springs from February 4th-April 14th. The cost-free tax assistance will be available from 9 am-1 pm at Wesley United Methodist Church.(614 Texas Street)
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free tax preparation help to anyone and if you’re 50 and older, and can’t afford a tax preparation service, they were made especially for you. They understand that retirement or other life changes may mean your taxes are a little more complicated now. With the help of their team of IRS-certified volunteers they make it easy for you.
The checklist below includes items you need to bring when you visit are:
- Previous year’s tax return(s).
- Social Security cards and/or ITIN notices/cards or other official documentation that show the taxpayer identification numbers for every individual on your return.
- Government-issued photo ID for each taxpayer.
- Checking or savings account information if you want to direct deposit any refund(s) or direct debit any amounts due.
- Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) (for each individual if applicable).