Christmas Joys Holiday Program – Final Reminder!
This popular program, scheduled for Monday, November 4, is just a few short days away and both sessions are full. However, we have started a waiting list. If you have signed up and cannot attend, please let us know! We usually have 6 or 8 per session that have to cancel, so we can fill those spots with people on our waiting list. We have a wonderful volunteer who will be calling everyone to remind them about the program, so if you receive a phone call, please indicate if you cannot attend.
For those who plan to come, you are in for a treat! Recipes, gift-giving ideas, decorating, and craft projects will all be included. Each attendee will receive a goody bag and a booklet of all the recipes and instructions that are demonstrated. The Southwest Dairy Museum serves as our host facility, and they are planning some tasty treats to wrap up the program. A small $5 fee, payable at the door, will help us defray some of the costs. Children under 10 are free.
If you would like to be added to the waiting lists, please call 903-885-3443 and give us your name and phone number.
4-H Project Show Results Announced
Each October during National 4-H Week, 4-H members across Hopkins County have the opportunity to enter items in the 4-H Project Show. Due to renovations at the Extension Office, the Project Show was delayed by one week, but the results are in!
Clover Kids (ages 5-7):
- Ava Bessonett: Art – Blue Ribbon; Clothing – Blue Ribbon; Jewelry – Red Ribbon
- Titus Bessonett: Crafts – Red Ribbon; General Sewing – Blue Ribbon, Clover Best of Show; Woodworking – Blue Ribbon
Junior (grades 3-5):
- Natalie Vaughn: Art – Red Ribbon; Crafts – Blue Ribbon, Junior Best of Show
- Rylen Kepenaar: Photography – Blue Ribbon
Intermediate (grades 6-8):
- Rylie Carroll: Crafts – Blue Ribbon
- Diego Childs: General Sewing – Red Ribbon; Quilts – Blue Ribbon; Woodworking – Blue Ribbon
- Jaycie Arledge: Art – Two Blue Ribbons, two Red Ribbons; Crafts – Blue Ribbon
- Jayden Arledge: Art – two Blue Ribbons
- Marilena Reyes: Crafts – Red Ribbon; General Sewing – Blue Ribbon
- Ethan George: Horticulture – 2 Blue Ribbons; Leatherwork – Blue Ribbon, Intermediate Best of Show
Senior (grades 9-12):
- Geoffrey Stewart: Metal Work – Blue Ribbon, Senior Best of Show
- Eric Bridges: Woodworking – Blue Ribbon
- Jorja Bessonett: Art – Blue Ribbon
Congratulations to each of these 4-H members!
Walk & Talk
Are you available on Wednesday mornings from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m.? Would you like to have a refresher on good nutrition? Do you enjoy interacting with others? Do you enjoy walking? If you answered “yes” to these questions, I invite you to join us for “Walk & Talk,” a program conducted by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension – Better Living for Texans. Each Wednesday thru December 11 (skipping Thanksgiving week), we will meet at the ROC (Recreation Outreach Center), 115 Putman Street in Sulphur Springs.
The first few minutes will cover a brief nutrition or physical activity topic, and the remaining time will be spent walking on the indoor track. The goal is for each team to log 833 miles (the distance across Texas, Beaumont to El Paso.) We have 15 participants so far, but there is room for more! Participants include mothers of young children (and even some toddlers in strollers), grandparents, and friends. Each week, participants will receive an incentive items to go along with the topic.
You do not have to register or call to sign up – simply show up! Hope to see you there!
Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love – Hamilton Wright Mabi