The Hopkins County Fall Festival has begun sign-ups for the Hay Bale Sculpture Contest. Local organizations and businesses will decorate hay bales outside of their businesses and around town for display leading up to the Fall Festival.
There will be two sculpture categories this year: Multiple Bales and Single Bales. Each category will have a prize of $200 for first place, $100 for second place, and $50 for third place.
This contest is a fun way to recognize the importance of hay to the economy of Hopkins County. Don’t miss your chance to sign up! The rules and regulations for the contest are listed at the bottom of this post. Contact Shirley Patchen 903 885 5914 or Sue Potts 903 485 3241 if you need more information.
Click this link to download a copy of the sign-up form: Fall Festival Hay Bale Sculptures Application
Attach drawing of Bale Sculpture along with this application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Shirley Patchen, 240 Turtle Creek,
Sulphur Springs Texas 75482
Rules and Regulations:
- Entries open to Individuals, Families, Businesses, Schools, Churches, Group Organizations, 4-H Clubs, FFA Chapters, ETC.Open to all of Hopkins County !!!
- Sculpture must be of good clean, wholesome nature
- Hay bale sculpture can go up earlier but must be completed by Monday, October 14 2018.
- Spray Paint may be applied to the hay bale. NO OIL BASE PAINT.
- Bales can be placed lying on their side or standing on end
- You can display a sign for your organization.
- All shapes and sizes of hay may be used to create your hay bale art. You may choose to use round bales, square bales, loose hay or grasses, sticks or wood, cardboard and other materials to create your sculpture
- Entries will be judged on eye appeal, construction, use of materials and creativity
- Judging will take place on Friday, October 18th.Winners will be announced at the Civic Center on Saturday, at 2:00 October 26th