The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00p.m. on Tuesday, July 2, 2019 in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
- Reconvene into Open Session.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
- Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures, revenues, purchases, and abatement orders.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on public hearing for second and final reading of Ordinance No. 2746 amending Chapter 15 of the Sulphur Springs Municipal Code by adding Article VII, Sections 15-301 – 15-308, to provide regulation of tire businesses.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2747, rezoning for annexation of property generally referred to as Pioneer Business Park and adjacent properties located on the west side of CMH Road between business 67 (Main) and I-30 Frontage Road consisting of 103.05 acres, from Agriculture to Heavy Industrial.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2748, rezoning for annexation of property generally referred to as Heritage Business Park and adjacent properties located east of Loop 301 on Heritage Parkway, north of the railroad tracks, west of CR 3501 and south of CR 3502 consisting of 117.33 acres, from Agriculture to Heavy Industrial.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2749 amending the fee schedule for Community Development to comply with House Bill 852.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2750, amending Zoning Ordinance No. 2050, Article 2. Definitions, Section 2.200, to clarify the definition of Travel Centers and Truck Stop Centers.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1171, calling for a special election to be held November 5, 2019, for the purpose of authorizing the Sulphur Springs/Hopkins County Economic Development Corporation to use the sales and use tax including any amount previously collected for specific categories of project that qualify under Section 4B of the Texas Development Corporation Act, for the purposes of construction and maintenance of the Sulphur Springs Parks Department facilities including the Sulphur Springs Parks Department Pacific Park and the Sulphur Springs Parks Department Senior Citizens Center.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1172, authorizing the City Manager to execute all documents related to a federal grant project represented by TxDOT for airport improvements.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1173, authorizing the City Manager to execute master agreement with Enterprise Fleet Management to finance and manage the replacement of the City’s fleet.
- Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for Connally Street excavation, stabilization, and concrete pavement.
- Discussion/action on Executive Session item which may include Resolution No. 1174.
- Visitors and public forum.