The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 4, 2019 in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
- Oaths of Office will be given to Councilman Freddie Taylor, Councilman elect Jeff Sanderson, and Councilman Doug Moore.
- Discussion/action on selection of Mayor Pro Tem.
- Discussion/action on selection of Mayor.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
- Fair Housing Month
- Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures, revenues, purchases, and abatement orders.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on existing tax abatement with Ocean Spray Cranberries.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2746 amending Chapter 15 of the Sulphur Springs Municipal Code by adding Article VII, Sections 15-301 – 15-308, to provide regulation of tire businesses.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1168 renaming Jackson Street to J. D. Franklin Street.
- Discussion/action on board and commission appointments for the (1) Economic Development Corporation, (2) Zoning Board of Adjustment, (3) Airport Advisory Board, (4) Sulphur River Municipal Water District Board, (5) Library Board, (6)Board of Tourism and Promotion, (7) Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals, (8)Planning and Zoning Commission, (9) ARK-TEX Council of Governments, (10) the Downtown Revitalization Board, and (11) Revolving Loan Fund Committee.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1169 designating the Finance Director and the City Manager as signatories of behalf of the city and request funds authorized under grant contract, TxCDBG 7218042.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1170 reaffirms policies previously adopted by the city to ensure compliance with federal rules and regulations regarding citizen participation and civil rights protections.
- Discussion/action on Executive Session item pertaining to the Director of Public Safety.
- Discussion/action on Executive Session item pertaining to Director of Utilities.
- Visitors and public forum.