SULPHUR SPRINGS, Texas (May 2, 2019)– Chick-fil-A will open Sulphur Springs’ first stand-alone restaurant on May 2, bringing its handcrafted food and award-winning customer service, commitment to community engagement and hands-on mentoring for nearly 100 newly hired Team Members.
Local franchise owner and Operator Bryson Bullington is inviting residents to join in the opening festivities at his new restaurant at 130 Shannon Road East by participating in a community celebration that has been a 15-year Chick-fil-A tradition.
Chick-fil-A’s First 100 celebration has given away almost $39 million through yearend 2018.
First 100 Campout 12-hour event
The overnight First 100 Campout party includes fun, engaging activities for participants ages five and older who will enjoy Chick-fil-A treats throughout the countdown to the opening. Registration begins in the restaurant parking lot at 6 p.m., May 1, with prizes being awarded shortly before 6 a.m., May 2.
- Up to 100 adults will win a digital offer card with a year of free Chick-fil-A meals (52 meals with each consisting of a Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich, medium Waffle Potato Fries and a medium beverage).
- The community event is open to guests surrounding the restaurant with a list of eligible zip codes and complete rules found at https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/News/Future-Openings.
About Operator Bryson Bullington
When Bullington’s stand-alone Chick-fil-A opens it will be the culmination of a journey toward becoming an Operator which began back in high school, when he worked as a Team Member at Valley View Mall. He went on to graduate from Texas A&M, creating a successful pharmaceutical sales career. Eventually Bullington was ready for a change. He turned to his brother, Bryan Bullington, an Operator who owns three successful Chick-fil-A locations in the Houston-area. After discussing the difference Bryan made in so many lives, Bryson quickly realized the franchise owner opportunity fit his entrepreneurial goal of owning a business that allowed him to make a positive difference with his team and in his community. He is looking forward to partnering with and giving back to various businesses and organizations throughout the community.
Becoming an Operator is no small feat as the chain receives nearly 40,000 applications each year for approximately 100 franchise opportunities. Bullington was thrilled to be selected as Operator of the Sulphur Springs restaurant and make the community his new home along with his wife, Louise, and teenage daughter.
His passion for mentoring youth evident by his community service background. You will often find Bullington volunteering at his daughter’s school, teaching reading skills and working with the school’s male mentorship program. He looks forward to partnering with the local school district in Sulphur Springs on multiple levels. Another community service project Bullington is passionate about is working with BridgeBuilders in south Dallas, volunteering to help those in need. He is eager to share his talent and knowledge with his Team Members and guests.
“I look forward to positively impacting my team, our guests and community,” said Bullington. “This is an opportunity many dream of and I feel blessed to serve as the Operator and caretaker of this beautiful new restaurant alongside my wonderful team. We can’t wait to make a difference in the community.”
Bullington’s nearly 5,000-square-foot restaurant will enhance all aspects of a guest’s experience from the drive-thru to the counter to in-restaurant dining. Highlights include a:
- heritage restaurant design that showcases a vintage-inspired interior with floor-to-ceiling windows and drop pendant lighting.
- convenient way to decrease pick-up time including two Chick-fil-A mobile ordering pickup parking spaces, along with a designated mobile pick-up counter.
- two-story indoor playground with an interactive toddler section.
- perimeter placed drive-thru, handling upwards of 200 cars an hour, that features dual ordering lanes and screens to enable customers to move quickly into a single lane for payment and pickup.
- dining room with free Wi-Fi and 117 seats, along with a 30-seat outdoor patio.
- full-service menu with a variety of healthy and dietary options and breakfast until 10:30 a.m., and will be open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Chick-fil-A locations are closed on Sunday to provide a day of rest and time with family and friends for team members.
Chick-fil-A expansion in Dallas-Fort Worth
Dallas-Fort Worth’s first Chick-fil-A opened in 1977 in Ridgemar Mall. The Sulphur Springs restaurant becomes the 10th to open in Texas this year. Texas continues to be a core growth state for the chain which plans to open 120 restaurants nationwide this year, creating 10,000 new jobs. Additional information about the Chick-fil-A at Sulphur Springs can be found by visiting https://www.facebook.com/cfasulphursprings/.
About Chick-fil-A, Inc.
Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A, Inc. is a family owned and privately held restaurant company founded in 1967 by S. Truett Cathy. Devoted to serving the local communities in which its franchised restaurants operate, and known for its original chicken sandwich, Chick-fil-A serves freshly prepared food in more than 2,425 restaurants in 47 states and Washington, D.C. Chick-fil-A reported more than $10 billion in revenue in 2018, which marks 51 consecutive years of sales growth. A leader in customer service satisfaction, consumers voted Chick-fil-A, Inc. fourth out of 100 in Harris Poll’s annual corporate reputation survey in 2018. More information on Chick-fil-A is available at www.chick-fil-a.com.