CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL
MARCH6, 2018 7:00 P.M.
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00p.m. on Tuesday, February 6, 2018 in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
(a) National Service Recognition Day
(b) Texas History Month
- Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on audit for Fiscal Year 2016-2017.
- Discussion/action on Ordinance No. 2722, an ordinance approving a tariff authorizing an annual Rate Review Mechanism (RRM) as asubstitution for the annual interim rate adjustment process defined bySection 104.301 of the Texas Utilities Code, and as negotiated between Atmos Energy Corp., Mid-Tex Division and the steering committee of cities served by Atmos; requiring the company to reimburse cities’ reasonable ratemaking expenses; adopting a savings clause; determining that this ordinance was passed in accordance with the requirements of the Texas Open Meetings Act; declaring an effective date; and requiring delivery of this ordinance to the company and legal counsel for the steering committee.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1147 to authorize submission for application for a Texas Capital Fund Grant.
- Discussion/action on Plat Case PL#180201 being a request by Ward and Gillis, LLC, located at 130 East Shannon Road, being further described as Lots 14B, 14C, and 15 of Block 207, Town Sulphur Springs and identified as plat name Lisciotti Development, creating 2 lots.
- Visitors and public forum.