March 07, 2017
TO: CITY COUNCIL
FROM: CITY MANAGER, MARC MAXWELL
SUBJ: MANAGER’S REPORT
BILL BRADFORD ROAD –Construction is complete! We are now just waiting for the concrete to cure a bit more on the east end of the street. We expect to open Bill Bradford Road on March 15th.
LOCUST STREET–The utility work (water, sewer, and gas) is complete. Later on in the agenda the council will consider whether to approve the low bid for concrete work and cement stabilization on Locust Street. Moore Street is next.
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT – Work has begun at the wastewater treatment plant. The contractor has excavated on very large hole to accommodate 3 new clarifiers.
CLAIMS –We did not have any workers’ compensation claims or liability claims in February.
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT – Total suspended solids (TSS) came in at 2.05mg/L, well within the limit of 15 mg/L.
REVENUES AND EXPENDITURES –Finance Director Peter Karstens will present a year-to-date summary of revenues and expenditures.
Elsewhere around the city, employees:
- Sold 1,714 Gallons of AvGas and 6,135 gallons of JetA fuel.
- Treated athletic fields with pre-emergent.
- Began preparing irrigation systems on athletic fields for the Spring/Summer season.
- Hosted a softball tournament.
- Hosted “Kids Fishing” day.
- Cleared storm drain catch basins.
- Made 8 major street repairs following utility repairs.
- Used asphalt millings to build up Pipeline Road.
- Installed an automatic gate at the police department.
- Changed the banners downtown.
- Cleaned the Veteran’s Memorial fountains.
- Conducted 27 building inspections, 20 electrical inspections, 18 plumbing inspections, 4 mechanical inspections and issued 20 building permits.
- Responded to 128 fire/rescue calls including 1 structure fire.
- Performed preventative maintenance on 68 fire hydrants.
- Performed 73 fire inspections.
- Checked out 2,667 items from the library, and checked out 308 e-books.
- Responded to 156 animal control calls, and achieved a 32% adoption rate.
- Made 8 felony arrests in the Special Crimes Unit.
- Responded to 29 accidents, made 56 offense reports, wrote 610 traffic citations, and made 71 arrests in the Patrol Division.
- Switched all lamps at City Hall to L.E.D..
- Made repairs to Cooper Lake pumps.
- Made repairs on the Lake Sulphur Springs pump station.
- Repaired 3 water mains.
- Replaced 10 water meters.
- Unstopped 19 sewer Mains.
- Washed 70,000 feet of sewer mains.
- Repaired 9 sewer mains.
- Flushed 36 dead-end water mains.
- Performed preventative maintenance on several apparatuses at the water treatment plant, and the wastewater treatment plant.
- Treated 107 million gallons of potable water.