CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
MARCH 7, 2017
AN EXECUTIVE SESSION WILL BE HELD AT 6:00 P.M. IN ACCORDANCE WITH TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, TITLE 5, CHAPTER 551.074,PERSONNEL MATTERS, PERTAINING TO THE HIRING OF A COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR; IN ACCORDANCE WITH TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, TITLE 5, CHAPTER 551.072, DELIBERATIONS CONCERNING THE ACQUISITION OF REAL PROPERTY; AND, IN ACCORDANCE WITH TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, TITLE 5, CHAPTER 551.071, CONSULTATION WITH ATTORNEY REGARDING PENDING LITIGATION.
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7:00p.m. on Tuesday, March 7, 2017 in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
(A) Texas History Month Proclamation
- Manager’s report will include status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures and revenues.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on independent audit for the City of Sulphur Springs 2016.
- Discussion/action on Ordinance No. 2699rezoning property located at 516 Oak Avenue, being further described as Lot 8 of Block 40 2, from Multi Family (MF) to Light Commercial (LC).
- Discussion/action on a request by owner, Ricardo Chavarria, to replat property located at 105 Weaver, being further described as Lot 3 of Block 55, into three (3) Lots.
- Discussion/action on the adoption of the City of Sulphur Springs personnel policy.
- Discussion/action onDevoción Inc. site lease agreement to erect an antenna tower at 180 Middle Street.
- Discussion/action on approval of a contractbetween the City of Sulphur Springs and the Sulphur Springs Country Club (SSCC) to access and use treated effluent water.
- Discussion/action on bids and award of contract for concrete paving of Locust Street.
- Discussion/action on assignment of Airport Ground Lease for Lot 1220-05.
- Discussion/action on Executive Session item pertaining to the hiring of a Community Development Director.
- Discussion/action on Executive Session item regarding possible acquisition of real property for municipal use.
- Discussion only regarding donation to the Sulphur Springs Public Library.
- Discussion/action on Executive Session item regarding pending litigation.
- Visitors and public forum.
Consider for approval the Regular City Council meeting minutes of January 3, and February 7, 2017; the Special City Council meeting minutes of January 11, 2017; the Planning and Zoning Commission meeting minutes of February 20, 2017; Downtown Revitalization Board meeting minutes of February 21, 2017; and the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of January 9, 2017.
The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance to the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the MunicipalBuilding. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).