CROSSTOWN TRAIL –The railroad crossing is complete. The Capital Construction Division is now constructing the portion of the trail from the KCS railroad tracks to Coleman Park. When finished, this grant-funded project will connect Buford Park to Coleman Park and the high school/civic center complex. It will also replace the sidewalk on the north side of Connally Street.
CANTEX FORCE MAIN – The materials for this project have been delivered, and are being staged on site. The Capital Construction Division has cleared the easement and has constructed temporary fencing in certain areas. This isthe final capital improvement project in the 2013-2017 C.I.P. It replaces 2,400 linear feet of aging sewer force main and 2,900 feet of gravity main. Currently the main passes through the middle of the hospital complex. The new route passes around the hospital complex. One-third of the city’s sewage passes through this line.
SUNSET STREET – We have designed the Sunset Street improvements. The project will include new water mains, new sewer mains and a new concrete street from Connally to Houston. The $275,000 CDBG grant is matched with $132,000 of city funding. We have submitted construction drawings for approval. Work will begin in the fall.
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT–Progress at the wastewater treatment plantachieved a milestone on Monday. The three primary clarifier basins have been filled and they are now operational.Now work will begin on the aeration basins. This project is on time and under budget.
CLAIMS – We did not have any workers compensation claims or liability claims in June.
REVENUES AND EXPENDITURES –Finance Director Lesa Smith will give a year-to-date report of revenues and expenditures.
Elsewhere around the city, employees:
- Made 11 extensive street repairs following utility repairs.
- Replaced 6 stop signs and 12 street signs.
- Graded Pipeline Road and Wisenbaker Lane.
- Hauled select fill to 105 Mark Street for H.O.M.E. program.
- Performed set-up and take-down for Independence Day event.
- Sold 2,145 gallons of AvGas and 10,534 gallons of JetA fuel.
- Conducted 36 building inspections, 30 electrical inspections, 17 plumbing inspections, 9 mechanical inspections and issued 28 building permits.
- Replaced lights at Pacific Park and installed new lights at Coleman Lake.
- Repaired Airport Fountain.
- Began transporting sludge to Republic Maloy Landfill because the compost company is behind.
- Achieved a monthly average total suspended solids reading of 5.27 mg/L, well within our limit of 10 mg/L.
- Repaired 14 water ruptured water mains.
- Replaced 31 water meters.
- Unstopped 7 sewer mains.
- Repaired 3 sewer mains.
- Washed 75,000 feet of sewer mains.
- Flushed 35 dead end water mains.
- Treated 170 million gallons of potable water.
- Responded to 189 fire/rescue calls including 4 structure fires.
- Conducted 47 fire inspections and reviewed 47 pre-fire plans.
- Replaced sod on various baseball and soccer fields.
- Responded to 208 animal control calls, achieving a 38% adoption rate.
- Made 5 felony arrests in the Special Crimes Unit.
- Made 69 arrests in the Patrol Division, wrote 672 citations, recorded 47 offenses and responded to 41 accidents.
- Checked out 5,017 items and 513 e-books from the Municipal Library.